An update!! Finally!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4573256/23/
I'm sorry for the delay. If it's any consolation, it was hard for me to get back into writing which means there will be no more long absences. I don't want it to affect my writing in negative ways. My goal for this story is for every chapter to be at it's best quality. Which is also why I must apologize if this chapter was riddled with errors. I checked it as thoroughly as I could but after a while you start to know the dialogue and writing and miss mistakes. The legal semantics were hard to research as well, so I tried my best to keep things as realistic as possible. Forgive me if I took too much artistic license in my ignorance.
Last chapter a lot of people asked about why Edward made the mistake he did. I was hoping to clear that up in this chapter. As he mentions, and as it becomes apparent in this chapter, his preoccupation with Bella is starting to have consequences for his work. How badly those consequences get? Who knows?
At this point it has the potential to be fatal, but with Bella distancing herself from Edward from now on the possibilities are endless. What happens from here on, as far as Edward's mistakes involving work, all become the reasons why he is so adamant about Bella staying away from him in the one-shot. It's safe to say the danger factor rises and Edward recognizes his responsibility to do right by Bella and protect her from himself. After all, she's saved him from himself. She is his wonderwall.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4573256/23/
I'm sorry for the delay. If it's any consolation, it was hard for me to get back into writing which means there will be no more long absences. I don't want it to affect my writing in negative ways. My goal for this story is for every chapter to be at it's best quality. Which is also why I must apologize if this chapter was riddled with errors. I checked it as thoroughly as I could but after a while you start to know the dialogue and writing and miss mistakes. The legal semantics were hard to research as well, so I tried my best to keep things as realistic as possible. Forgive me if I took too much artistic license in my ignorance.
Last chapter a lot of people asked about why Edward made the mistake he did. I was hoping to clear that up in this chapter. As he mentions, and as it becomes apparent in this chapter, his preoccupation with Bella is starting to have consequences for his work. How badly those consequences get? Who knows?
At this point it has the potential to be fatal, but with Bella distancing herself from Edward from now on the possibilities are endless. What happens from here on, as far as Edward's mistakes involving work, all become the reasons why he is so adamant about Bella staying away from him in the one-shot. It's safe to say the danger factor rises and Edward recognizes his responsibility to do right by Bella and protect her from himself. After all, she's saved him from himself. She is his wonderwall.
This chapter also features one of the framing songs of the story. "Wonderwall (Cover)" by Ryan Adams is truly one of my favorite songs of all time. Oasis may have written the original, but Ryan Adams breathed new life into the song when he turned it into a ballad that defines Edward Masen in this story. The sheer desperation and raw emotion of Ryan Adam's voice couldn't capture the essence of Edward's current emotional state better than if I had written a song for the story myself ;) It's truly a great song and I highly recommend listening to it. I had it on loop while I wrote.
Oh and those finals lines are meant to be ominous. You can go back and read them when we finish the story and tell me if they matched up with what your expectations became.
Outside of Secret, I should say my semester has finally ended and I'm currently unemployed. I'm in the application process for a few jobs but for now I've got oodles of time. A New Sensation is still stagnant. I'm toying with the idea of "hiring" a new author. I do want to see the story continue but I've just lost my drive for it. I have new projects that will begin when Secret ends that are screeching my name. You can see the banners for my new projects on my freeweb.
In Stereo, one of the new projects, will begin immediately after Secret ends and will be a "quick-fic." It's outlined already and is expected to be no more than 10 chapters. I'm taking a page from jandco's book ;) The story is based off of John Legend's song "Stereo." The lyrics will give you insight into the story so check them out; however, I can provide a little summary here:
Edward Cullen is the most sought-after musician in the music industry. After a self-imposed seclusion in South America, he returns to the U.S. and meets a seductive girl named Bella Swan at his first concert. Follow the two as they embark on a tumultuous and physically-driven relationship that can only be expected to end in disaster. Will they challenge the odds or continue to fit the stereotypes they've lived as?
You can expect to see a version of Bella most people tell me they've never seen before; her weird connection to Emmett (Edward's step-brother and famous NFL player); a cougar-version of Rosalie; former 80's hair-band rocker: Carlisle; stoner, transcendentalist, music producer, Jasper; and of course...Alice! Oh, and Esme gets thrown in there too ;)
My other project is titled Thurmond and is intended to be a thriller. An outline has not been completed yet and the story is under wraps so until further notice, no summaries or hints will be given out as to what it's about. Check out the banner on my freeweb though and speculate away!
You should also check out the iFic podcast on iTunes (search iFic). The brilliant ladies on Twilighted are currently transitioning vjgm's Boycotts & Barflies into audio-fic style. You can now listen to one of the best FF stories ever on your iPod at any time! Currently 2 parts are up. There is expected to be a total of 3 parts that span about two to two-and-a-half hours long. I highly recommend it. The readers (Oz & Sophie) make a story that's already hysterical even funnier. I didn't think that was possible.
As always many thanks for the love and support you've given me here on FanFiction!
0 comments:
Post a Comment