CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 15, 2009

Lies

Chapter 24 of Secret has been posted:



http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4573256/24/



I'm going to try and be concise, but I can't make any promises. After writing a nearly 10,000 word chapter, I clearly have problems with being concise ;)





I'm going to do this in question format. I'm writing this before you guys read the blog, so I'm doing my best to anticipate some of the questions I might get. PM me or leave a comment if you have more.





Okay so the first thing I want to tackle is the whole explosion. Facts: there was a bomb implanted into Edward's Volvo. The bomb caused the explosion. The bomb was implanted by Fiori, or more directly, his mole.





Q1: When was the bomb planted?





Well, he was gone for a whole weekend, though, I can't give you a real answer. I haven't written from the mole's POV just yet. When he/she tells me...I can answer with total certainty. If you choose the mole's POV outtake, you'll learn a little more about this.





Q2: How was the bomb detonated?





The bomb was set off by Edward's car alarm. The button on his car alarm was set up to be the detonator for the bomb. Now by me saying that, you're probably wondering why it didn't go off the first time - when he left headquarters to pick up Bella. The detonator was malfunctioning. Remember how Edward had to keep pressing the button? Well, the final time he "jammed the button again." And voila...explosion. The other part of the question also becomes how did his car keys end up becoming the detonator? Well, they were sitting on his desk when he went to take a whiz this chapter. There were four people in the room: Trigger, O'Conner, Valence, and Emmett. It could have been any of the four.





Q3: [In response to question two] The mole or Fiori seem like pretty ruthless, but cunning, people. Why didn't they install a bomb that connected to Edward's ignition? (Think The Sum of All Fears)





It's pretty presumptuous to assume that Edward was meant to be killed. Fiori's not going to add to his list-of-suspicious-actions-within-the-last-month-and-a-half by murdering the Lieutenant who's been on his ass lately. Though sending a message? It's pretty fair to assume that he's not above that. Of course, there was the possibility that Edward did end up dead but Fiori's not an idiot. He studies people. And Edward doesn't typically unlock his car when he's standing right in front of it. Creepy, huh? ;)





Q4: Why did Bella leave Edward at the crime scene? (She should have stayed! It's Edward!)





Edward's got his list of dangerous qualities. Well, if you think about it...so does Bella. She's clearly more interested in acting upon her feelings for Edward than he is. The constant flirting with him is solid evidence.





Did you ever wonder if one of the things that made Bella consider giving up all she had was because she wanted a real chance with Edward? Maybe she wanted to give up the SWJ column and her secret identity because she wanted a real future with Edward. Bella and Edward. Not Isabella and the Lieutenant-Detective. There was a reason she called after the month-and-a-half-long hiatus.





Edward was as spot-on as she was. He knew that her being at the crime scene would kill that chance. Are we really going to martyr the girl for making a sacrifice? I mean it pays off in the long run.





Q5: What's up with Charlie?!




First of all: lol


If you guys end up choosing Charlie's POV as the outtake you want to see most, you'll get your answer. If not, I'll explain it on my next blog for you all. But for a split second think about being a Dad and seeing your only daughter covered in soot. You just came home from a crime scene that involved an explosion in the parking lot of your police headquarters. Then she tells you she was with the Lieutenant that you love as an employee, but aren't too fond of as a person. Freak out much?







On that note, I'd like to end question time and move on. The whole Charlie being livid with Edward is just another one of those instances that adds to Edward's self-concept during the one-shot. He's so terrified of losing his job if Charlie finds out they're together...let alone about to have some sexy time. That's one of those things that stopped me from posting right away. I wanted to get the tone right.


But the biggest question this chapter becomes: now that they've separated...how long will it last? Will they fail immediately? Or will the next time they see each other be during the one-shot? [It's nearly March people. I said the one-shot is in April...I didn't specify when]


Find out next chapter ;)

0 comments: