CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 30, 2009

Can't Get It Out of My Head

So chapter 21 of Secret is up:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4573256/21/

I can't believe it's been so long since I've written a blog. I only really see the point in writing one when there's something really important to discuss, and I think last chapter spoke for itself.

I know I didn't get to reply to everyone's reviews and I apologize. I had a lot of schoolwork and the response last chapter gave me the largest amount of reviews per chapter I've ever received. I'm going to try and answer your questions in review replies as often as I can, but if I don't reply anymore..forgive me. It's overwhelming...just know I read all of your reviews and they're tremendously appreciated!



I guess we'll start at the beginning and work our way through...

This chapter is important on two different levels. First, is the SWATward aspect, and obviously, second, would be his relationship with Bella.

It won't make much sense until very soon, but the ominous final sentence in Edward's POV (right before the page break) has a lot of forewarning to it. Obviously the inclusion of the one-shot is a given, but there are many more things you guys will be hit with during this story.

I get asked a lot if I'm going to continue the story past the one-shot, and I'd just like to make it clear that I am. I have at least a month's worth of B/E storytelling after the one-shot to write. How many chapters it will translate into is yet to be seen. But no fear...the one-shot, as romantic as it is, is not the happily ever after.

I know some readers are also getting antsy about the pacing of the story. I know it's torturous and I don't blame you for wanting to drop the story and move on to something else (I might do the same thing if I was a reader), but I do think there is a certain merit in the one-shot that can only really be appreciated if things happen slowly. And to a degree, I also deserve a little more credit. I've skipped over, and will be taking out, more things than you can imagine to speed up the progress. By next chapter we will be finally in January - the new year - and three months away from the one-shot.

Also while reading through, I was concerned some readers might misinterpret Bella's honesty as well. In past chapters she's been rightfully accused of testing Edward too much and torturing him, but in this chapter there's a change. Her comments and whispers aren't to further torture Edward, it's to make it clear that she's feeling a certain way towards him. The change can be found in one sentence and don't hurt yourselves trying to figure it out. It's painfully obvious. When we read her POV - which I won't tell you when it is arriving - it'll become more clear that the shift is out of love...not out of a sadistic need to torture a man who is hopelessly in love.

The dream sequence is really important too but you won't figure out why until next chapter. I really, really beg of you to listen to the chapter song. It's beautiful and fits with the scene perfectly. It helped inspire me to write it actually. I'll come back to this chapter's dream sequence next chapter.

Another thing that I need to mention, is that the charms from Bella's bracelet are now online. If you navigate over to the right, and browse through my links there is one titled Bella Swan. It's a general character set that gives a little insight into her as a person. I must stress though that two things in the set are off. The "diamond" charm isn't represented (I couldn't find a nice one), and her ring is supposed to have two smaller diamonds on either side of the heart. Otherwise, all the charms are there. If you'd like to check out Edward's character set it's listed as Edward Masen.

I know this blog was a little rushed but I hope if you have anymore questions you'll leave them in a review or PM.

As always, thanks for reading!

0 comments: