CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 9, 2009

Get Up

Secret got updated:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4573256/18/

I know this blog came very late but I just didn't have much of a chance to sit down and let everything pour out.

First: the mystery man in the gym

My lips are sealed. You'll learn more about him later. More towards the end of the story.

Second: the engagement.

The scene where Edward realizes Bella's engaged requires a certain level of perception. If you need to go back and reread it, I advise you to. Throughout the entire scene Edward sort of mentions how Bella seems disappointed, or like she wants him to say something, or do something.

She does.

As I discussed with one reader, Bella's life is a struggle between what is right and what she wants right now. Her weekend away with Jacob was enough for her to know this thing with Edward isn't as small as she wanted it to be. She's got real feelings for him and they're perpetuated by Edward's behavior. She knows Edward feels something for her too but she's not always sure of it. Edward is constantly hot & cold with Bella.

Yet at the same time, she's loved Jacob for a long time. She feels compelled to say yes. Think about how hard it would be to see this man you've come to love - and thought you'd spend the rest of your life with - one his knee, asking you to marry him. It would be hard to say no.

That's what the entire scene in the office is about. Bella is silently pleading with Edward to tell her no. To tell her not to get married to Jacob. To tell her she can count on him, and that he really does love her. She needs Edward to intervene and make it clear that he wants her.

Clearly he doesn't. And that's the reason behind her disappointment and sadness.

If you remember from the one-shot...Bella is not the one who's unsure.

"Edward Masen don’t you dare apologize! I kissed you! Why do you do this to
yourself?
Who cares about Charlie and your job? I love you and I’m sick of
pretending I don’t care!"

She recognizes Edward's self-denial after a while. Of course now she's not completely sure, but as time progresses she'll notice it more.

Third: the elevator scene with Charlie.

Now, I know I don't have to quote the one-shot for you guys to know why that scene is important. It's just one of the first instances where Charlie expresses his aversion to Bella dating an officer. More scenes like this will add to Edward's convoluted self-concept during the one-shot.

Fourth: Wallace getting his ass beat.

I personally love this part of the chapter. I got to explore another side of Edward. During that scene he's not Edward...he's Lieutenant-Detective Masen. And I have to admit I was somewhat overwhelmed and frightened of him during that scene but I was also turned on ;) As I told numerous readers: baseball bats, sarcasm, and shoulder-holsters do nothing for my already overactive imaginaton.

I know some readers were concerned that at any point he might cross the line but you have to understand something about our Copward. The man is determined. As mentioned during the chapter, he's hoping to be promoted to Captain one day. Edward would never put that goal in jeopardy and he knows his limits. Everything about him when he's in officer-mode is about careful calculation. His moves are unconciously measured and analyzed. His gun had the safety on!

You never have to worry about our Copward going overboard. Well unless Bella gets into trouble...

Speaking of which, I may do an outtake of her POV during the engagement and the office scene. If I post it, it'll be underneath the Secret Sideshots, Outtakes, and More story. I'll keep you guys posted on whether or not I do.

Oh and this is another tangent but I wanted to thank you all for being so gracious last chapter. I couldn't think of anyone really that actually liked the engagement but everyone was so nice about it. Everyone remembered the one-shot and stayed optimistic. You all have no idea how much it means to me to have your positivity and support. I really love you all for being so great. You guys are the best readers/fans out there! End. Of. Story. ;)

I know I haven't done this before but I'd like to recommend a story as well. It's Namariel's Sin City. It's a Twilight/Sin City crossover. If you like my Copward and action you'll love her story:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4877388/1/Sin_City

Read and review. It's great!

Oh and the code for my Twilighted readers that want a little Secret siggie:

[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4573256/1/Secret][img]http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc344/twilighter620/banner22.jpg[/img][/url]

0 comments: