CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 10, 2009

First Post

This is my first post obviously.

At this time I'm still working on my next chapter of Secret but it's still not done yet. One more major plot-related thing needs to take place before I can finish it off and do re-reading for any major errors and then it can be posted. I'm really nervous yet excited about this one. Two very different and major things happen so I'm anxious to see what the response will be to both. At this point I can safely say it'll be a cliffhanger but I just can't seem to stay away from them these days so it's not much of a surprise ;)

I've also been informed by my dear friend Steph that Secret has been getting some exposure and shout-outs lately which is incredible. I have a decent response currently but I feel like this story is just too special for other readers to be missing out. I think Steph can vouch for me that it will be like nothing you've ever read and the surprises will just be phenomenal. There's a lot of premeditation and strict plot-rules to follow in writing Secret. Writing that one-shot back in the summer did many wonderful yet frustrating things.

Scenes where (Isa)Bella and Edward would be more affectionate just cannot take place due to the unconscious rules I set-up for myself in the one-shot. It's a challenge but in a way I think it's good. It's good for me as a writer. I've never ventured out like this in my writing and it has only benefited me. With A New Sensation there's not much of a plot or complexity, it's just a fun fluff story, but with Secret I really have dive deep in Edward's convoluted and complex inner-workings. I think I've really found that I'm better at writing his POV than Bella's even. Bella just feels too easy to write at times. I'm considering doing another strictly EPOV story after I finish Secret up. We'll just have to see how it goes...

Happy readings!

0 comments: